Frozen Avokaya Parfait with Salted Mango Peel Caramel and 1 Minute Coconut Crumb
This dessert is inspired by growing up in Malaysia, using produce local to me now living in Melbourne, Australia. I have also utilized wasted elements in the food chain.
PREP TIME: 1 hour, COOK TIME: 30 minutes, SERVES: 4
Frozen Avokaya Parfait Ingredients:
- 150g coconut milk
- 1/2 jar of avokaya
Salted Mango Peel Jam
- Peels from 3 mangoes
- 200g sugar (or more if needed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 40g lemon juice
- A bit of water
1 minute coconut crumb
- 125g self raising flour
- 35g sugar
- 23g custard powder
- 60g coconut oil (Unmelted)
- 30g soy milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean (optional)
Avokaya Parfait Base:
- Add about 1/2 a jar of Avokaya into a bowl.
- Mix in the coconut milk with a whisk or spatula until the consistency of a smooth custard.
- Transfer the mixture into container and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Add all ingredients into a small pot and bring it to medium heat, stirring often for about 15-25 minutes until the sugar melts and the mango flesh begins to dissolve in the texture of jam.
- Pass this mixture through a fine sieve or chinois and chill.
1 Minute Coconut Crumb:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Separate the "dough" into 4 balls.
- Microwave the balls in a lightly oiled bowl on high for 1 minute.
- Use a fork or spoon to flatten and separate the ingredients.
- Microwave for another minute or until the mixture looks quite dry, like a biscuit.
- Let it cool down completely before breaking the larger crumbs into smaller pieces.
- Form a bed with the 1 Minute Coconut Crumb on a plate.
- Add a few scoops of the frozen avokaya parfait on top. Then top it off with more of the coconut crumb.
- Lastly, drizzle the salted mango peel caramel on the dessert. Enjoy!